Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where can you find me this week???


I was walking around my neighborhood the other day, and got distracted happens easily by a new store that popped up.   I was lured by the beautiful and bright running shoes, hanging fancy free in the window.  Always up for a little shopping, I stopped in the store Heartbreak Hill Running Company, appropriately named for the hill that either makes-or-breaks runners during the Boston Marathon...Heartbreak Hill.



The shoes and workout gear in the store are bright, and fancy.  It makes me want to run and update my workout attire.



I try to like running.  I really do.  But, I'm just not that into it.  It's not even a love-hate relationship.  And at times, for cardio needs...it is a necessary evil.  But I know it is a great (and affordable) way for people to stay in shape.  You can run anywhere, all you need is a decent pair of shoes and a little bit of patience.

Let's face it.  This whole "I'm not into running thing" is something I need to work on.  After thinking about why I don't particularly care for running, I can identify a few issues.

  1. Its just me my self and I, stuck in my own thoughts
  2. I rather sprint than run for an hour... which leads to....
  3. I get bored easily, and need constant distraction
So how can I work on this?  Maybe if I run in a group setting, I might enjoy it a little more.  I might be motivated to move a little faster if I needed to keep up with a group.  I won't be stuck in my own thoughts.  I might even meet some new buddies that are into fitness...

Problem solved.  I found these folks, the November Project, a grassroots morning workout tribe that meets to annihilate the stairs at Harvard Stadium (Cambridge) and Summit Hill (Brookline) while most of Boston is sleeping (630AM).
  

Im going to join their tribe for my next fitness adventure, a.k.a Cheap Thrills (Staying fit in Boston without shelling out  a dime).  


I will report back monday... I might just develop a new love for running!

Be well, 
Maureen





2 comments:

  1. Maureen! Just stumbled upon your blog!! Looking for something similar for southern Nh, not as easy! Anyway, we used to run Harvard stadium for training when I was on the rowing team-amazing work out! A bunch of the guys do the nov project and love it! Enjoy!! I'd go with you some am when I'm in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Im glad you found my blog!! It has been a while! The guys at @ the november project are so nice! I had a great time this morning. Stay tuned...you can read all about my experience on Monday!
    Be well,
    Maureen<3

    ReplyDelete