Sunday, June 17, 2012

My First Fit in Boston Adventure!

I always wanted to try out a class at Sweat and Soul Yoga (SASY), the delightfully quaint sister studio of Back Bay Yoga.  I first found out about this studio after getting the BEST spray tan EVER from my friend Brian at Dream Tan Boston.  SASY's sign caught my eye as I was doing the walk-of-spray-tan-shame to my car;  Their logo is a big fat laughing Buddha...and I thought it was very clever!





Upon further investigation, I found that SASY offered a great variety of yoga classes featuring different styles of yoga.  What got me excited about visiting this studio was their hip hop yoga class. Werd.

I tried out Caitlyn Graham's hip hop yoga class (a few teachers offer this style), and it was everything I had hoped it would be (and more!).  The class was a Vinyasa style yoga to a tasteful hip-hop blend (more pop-ish than hip hop-ish) and I found it to be surprisingly energizing and relaxing at the same time.






We opened the class with double pigeon (You had me @ the first pose.....my fav!!).  The class proceeded to become playful and energizing.  It was exactly what I needed coming off a night shift of stomping out diseases and saving lives.  My favorite part of the class was when Caitlyn let us breakout into our own flow...and to the sound of the music we busted our own move....

I absolutely adore this studio and cannot wait to come back for another visit.

Maybe you will join me?

Be well,
Maureen <3

P.S.  What is your favorite hip hop song?  Could you ever imagine it being played in a yoga class?? When I was younger I wanted to be a fly girl (from In Living Color)...Just saying!

4 comments:

  1. Psyched to have found your blog! I am a wellness coach/therapist in the Boston area- also practice at SASY and teach fitness and yoga classes in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allw515!! Where do you teach...I might just be heading to one of your classes next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwe Goldie you ROCK!! Cannot wait it hit up one of your classes.....Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete