Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where am I going to show up next?

To keep things interesting, each week I will try a different type of activity.  Variety is the spice of...fitness life, as it keeps your muscles guessing and begging for more!


The other day when I was visiting my friend (and 2011 Best of Boston Make-up Artist) Tavi de la Rosa at James Joseph Salon on Newbury St....I saw a sign for a new fitness studio called B*Tone Boston.
So after getting my pretty on with Tavi, I could not help but yelp B*Tone (this fit chick is always on the prowl!).  

Apparently Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes, and Denise Richards are obsessed with this studio chain.  According to the website each class performs a circuit of 35 exercises and combines pilates cardio conditioning, and strength training all in one work out.  Oh yea... and all these exercises (squats, lunges, push ups, ab work) are done on a pimped out pilates reformer machine! Yikes! 

It looks as though B*Tone is an obvious choice for my next fitness adventure...If Jenn and Katie are obsessed...It is worth a try (maybe minus the zone diet, Scientology, and Tom Cruise)

Have you ever used a reformer?  Tell me about your experience!

Be well, 
Maureen  

3 comments:

  1. Maureen! this is my friend jodi's studio! She is from Providence College and a great gal. She has run countless of marathons and triathalons with Team In Training after her mother passed away a year after college. although I have not made it down for a class I am sure she rocks! Have fun and if you take a class with Jodes tell her I say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world!! I feel as though you are the Mayor of PC.

    I am so excited to go to the studio...looks like all my favorite things jammed into one class:) Maybe you can join me sometime!

    Sorry to miss you guys this weekend (maybe the census will be low and I will get a day off!)

    xoxo Maureen<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. we totally missed you! Brit and Conor are bummed they keep missing you.
    Email me at my gmail or partners email about your Isagenix stuff. I am looking for a jump in my fitness/weight loss as I have been getting to be a rather large bump on a log doing the overnight gig. need something to help me jump start muy fitness routine and get me ready for a 10-miler next month. let me know if your products have anything that would help me lose a couple of lbs. for a reasonable price. thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete