Monday, June 25, 2012

Hot Child in the City

Lets face it.  We have all wanted something that Jennifer Aniston has at one point in our life.....I know you tried out the Rachel hair do'.  Or maybe you lusted after Brad.  But what about that body??? Now that's what I'm talking about 

So how can I get a tight and toned Jen worthy body on one of the hottest days of the year in Boston?  B * Tone Fitness to the rescue!  Apparently Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes, and Denise Richards are obsessed with the Megaformer machines that are the main attraction at this Newbury St studio.


If its good for Jen...its good for me.  So off I went to check the studio out!
The studio is open, squeaky clean, and full of the aforementioned amazing pimped out Megaformer machines and Real Ryder spin bikes (I am totally doing a post on these bikes...stay tuned).  Look Familiar?  They are a much fancier slightly more impressive version of the reformers you may have used to do pilates. 
I took Jenny's Class on Thursday.  She was so helpful and welcoming as she helped me get acquainted with the Megaformer.  I really appreciated the time she took to show me how the machine operates, the countless adjustments she made during class, and her positive energy.  She kept me motivated and made the effort to ensure I was in proper alignment so I would get the most out of each exercise and prevent injury.  


Jenny's class was fabulous!  I am totally in love with the type of workout this class provides, and my body was challenged in ways that I never imagined (sure I am fit...but this is a different type of work out and it was HARD...but in a good way).  I got my cardio on...my strength training covered, and annihilated my core.  The 45 minute class flys by...because the exercises on the Megaformer are done circuit style.  We did squats, lunges, push ups, ab work, and other crazy things throughout class (all personally modified to meet each participants fitness ability).  Truly amazing. 

So where does hot child in the city come in to the post? It was hot as balls outside I chose to go on this weeks fitness adventure on the hottest day of the year in Boston (real smart).  I was praying that the AC would be in full effect in the studio....and it was!  B* Tone Fitness was an oasis on that disgustingly hot day.  It was actually a brilliant idea to go work out, because the B * Tone Fitness was much more pleasant than my apartment.  


So get off your couch, and check out this studio...the first class is only $5.00!  Your tush (and the rest of your body) will be toned in no time!! 


Be well,
Maureen











No comments:

Post a Comment